Saturday, February 5, 2011

UPCOMING: Soupstravaganza

A few days ago, I had had enough of academia. Somehow, this translated itself quite clearly into "Make a ton of soup!" Dutifully, I headed out to my local produce stand and stocked up. I bought...well, a ridiculous amount of varied vegetables and fruits. And then I brought them back to my house and spent several hours chopping, dicing, boiling, stirring, blending, and packaging into freezer containers. (Strangely, the last step is the most problematic in my house. For whatever reason, we have a drawer full of lids and a drawer full of containers, but amongst all that, we only have about four matching container-lid sets. It's bizarre.)

The recipes to my creations will be up later this weekend. For your anticipatory pleasure, I'll be recipe-ing:

  • Beet Soup
  • Fennel, Pear, and Squash Soup
  • Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
Get ready! SOUP.

1 comment:

  1. If at any point you make more potato leek soup, I know one vegetarian who would be very interested in the outcome of that endeavour. Ahem. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete